Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a group of islands located in the Bay of Bengal, off the east coast of India. The islands are known for their beautiful beaches, lush forests, and diverse marine life, making them a popular tourist destination.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to a variety of stunning beaches, each with its unique charm. Radhanagar Beach, located on the island of Havelock, is often considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Asia. The beach is known for its white sand and crystal-clear waters, making it perfect for swimming and snorkeling. Other popular beaches include Elephant Beach, Corbyn’s Cove Beach, and Vijaynagar Beach.
Here are some popular tourist destinations in Andaman and Nicobar.
- Port Blair : The capital city and gateway to the islands, known for its historical significance and attractions like Cellular Jail, Anthropological Museum, and Corbyn’s Cove Beach. Port Blair is one of the most expensive domestic tourism getaways for travellers from the country.
- Havelock Island : Famous for pristine beaches, particularly Radhanagar Beach, has been ranked as one of the best beaches in Asia. It is a popular spot for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Neil Island : Known for its tranquil vibes, beautiful beaches, and coral reefs. Laxmanpur Beach and Bharatpur Beach are must-visit attractions for their scenic beauty and snorkeling opportunities.
- Baratang Island : Home to breathtaking natural wonders, including limestone caves, mangrove forests, and the famous mud volcano. The journey to the island is an adventure in itself.
- Ross Island : Once the administrative headquarters of the British in the Andaman Islands, it now stands as a fascinating historic site with ruins, a museum, and a serene atmosphere.
- North Bay Island : An ideal spot for water sports enthusiasts, offering activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, and sea walking. The coral reefs and underwater marine life are captivating.