Haryana, located in Northern India, is a state known for its rich history, cultural heritage, and natural beauty. The state offers tourists a unique opportunity to explore its ancient history, witness its vibrant culture, and experience its natural wonders.
One of the most popular attractions in Haryana is the Sultanpur National Park, which is home to a variety of bird species and offers visitors a chance to witness the state’s natural beauty. The park is also home to several species of animals, including blackbuck, sambar deer, and wild boar.
Haryana is also known for its rich history, and visitors can explore several historical sites, including the famous Kurukshetra, where the epic battle of the Mahabharata was fought.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the top tourist destinations in Haryana.
- Kurukshetra : Kurukshetra holds immense religious and historical significance. It is believed to be the legendary battlefield of the epic Mahabharata. Visit the Brahma Sarovar, a sacred lake, and explore the numerous temples and ghats along its banks. Take a tour of Jyotisar, the birthplace of the Bhagavad Gita, and explore the Kurukshetra Panorama and Science Centre to learn about the epic battle and ancient history.
- Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary : Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is a haven for bird enthusiasts and nature lovers. Located near Gurgaon, it is home to a wide variety of resident and migratory birds. Explore the lush wetlands, lakes, and woodlands within the sanctuary, and spot birds like the Sarus Crane, Painted Stork, and Black-headed Ibis.
- Pinjore Gardens : Also known as Yadavindra Gardens, Pinjore Gardens is a beautiful Mughal-style garden located in Pinjore. The gardens feature terraced lawns, fountains, and an ancient palace known as the Pinjore Palace. Take a leisurely stroll amidst the well-manicured gardens, enjoy a picnic, or witness the colorful annual Pinjore Heritage Festival.
- Surajkund : Surajkund is renowned for its ancient reservoir and the Surajkund Crafts Mela, a vibrant annual fair celebrating traditional crafts and art forms. The reservoir, built during the 10th century, is a picturesque spot surrounded by lush greenery. The Surajkund Crafts Mela attracts artisans from all over India, showcasing their skills and offering a unique shopping experience.
- Panipat : Panipat is a historic city known for its association with several significant battles in Indian history. Explore the Panipat Museum to learn about the region’s history, visit the Kabuli Bagh Mosque and the Ibrahim Lodi Tomb, and take a stroll in the scenic Devi Temple Complex.
Visit Our YouTube Video Channel Harshada Holidays