Tripura, a northeastern state of India, is a land of unspoiled natural beauty, ancient temples, and colorful cultural traditions. The state is home to a rich and diverse range of flora and fauna, including several rare and endangered species, making it a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
One of the most famous tourist attractions in Tripura is the Ujjayanta Palace in Agartala, a magnificent palace built in the 19th century by Maharaja Radhakishore Manikya. The palace is now a museum and houses a range of artifacts and exhibits. Providing visitors with a glimpse into the state’s rich history and culture.
Here are some popular tourist destinations in Tripura.
- Agartala : The capital city of Tripura and a major tourist hub. Explore the Ujjayanta Palace, which serves as the state museum, and visit the nearby Jagannath Temple. Don’t miss the Neermahal Palace, a stunning lake palace located in the middle of Rudrasagar Lake.
- Unakoti : Known for its ancient rock-cut sculptures and stone idols, Unakoti is a significant pilgrimage site. It features an enormous rock-cut Shiva head and is believed to have 1 crore (10 million) rock carvings.
- Jampui Hills : A picturesque hill station in Tripura, offering panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and breathtaking sunrises. The area is known for its pleasant climate, orange orchards, and beautiful landscapes.
- Neermahal : Located in the middle of Rudrasagar Lake, Neermahal is a magnificent water palace. It was built in a blend of Hindu and Mughal architectural styles and is a popular tourist attraction in Tripura.
- Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary : A wildlife sanctuary known for its rich biodiversity. Explore the sanctuary to spot various animals, including primates, deer, and birds. Enjoy a boat ride in the lake within the sanctuary and visit the butterfly park.
Odisha, located on the eastern coast of India, is a state known for its rich cultural heritage, ancient temples, and beautiful beaches. The state is home to several historical and cultural landmarks, making it a popular destination for tourists.
One of the most famous attractions in Odisha is the Konark Sun Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a masterpiece of ancient Indian architecture. The temple, built in the 13th century, is dedicated to the Sun God and is famous for its intricate carvings and sculptures.
Odisha’s diverse offerings cater to history buffs, nature lovers, art enthusiasts, and spiritual seekers.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the best tourist destinations in Odisha.
- Bhubaneswar : The capital city of Odisha and known as the “Temple City of India.” Explore the magnificent Lingaraj Temple, Rajarani Temple, Mukteshwar Temple, and the UNESCO World Heritage site of Konark Sun Temple nearby.
- Puri : A sacred city and a major pilgrimage site for Hindus. Visit the famous Jagannath Temple, enjoy the serene beaches, and witness the annual Rath Yatra festival, where the deities are taken out on grand chariots.
- Konark : Famous for the iconic Sun Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Marvel at the architectural marvel depicting the chariot of the Sun God, adorned with intricate stone carvings. Enjoy the nearby Chandrabhaga Beach as well.
- Chilika Lake : Asia’s largest brackish water lagoon and a haven for birdwatchers. Take a boat ride to explore the lake, spot migratory birds, and visit the Kalijai Temple situated on an island.
- Cuttack : Known as the “Silver City” and famous for its silver filigree work. Visit the historic Barabati Fort, Cuttack Chandi Temple, and experience the grand Durga Puja celebrations. With all, Siali beach is a famous weekend destination and it is very near to Cuttack District and Jagatsinghpur District in Odisha.